Below are our submission guidelines for those seeking publication by Pomerium Limited in Pomerium Quarterly or one of our future publications.
Please read carefully and ensure you adhere to our requirements before lodging your submission.
- Entry is open to all: any nationality, age or persuasion. We want to hear from a broad range of voices to support our modus operandi, “Stories Without Boundaries.”
- We accept poetry, prose, non-academic essays and other forms of high-quality writing up to 2,500 words.
We also wish to see high-quality artwork and photography for inclusion in certain issues.
- Entries must be submitted in English, though, we might devote future issues to foreign languages.
- Submissions must be the sole original work of the author.
- We wish to share your material first. Entries must have never been published, self-published, broadcast or published on any website, blog or online forum.
- While certain issues have suggested themes, we will accept unrelated work for consideration for future issues.
- £10 per submission. A literary submission is one story or essay, or up to three poems. For artwork and photography, we will consider up to five images per submission.
- Payment is made at the time of submission via the online submission page. No other forms of entry will be considered.
- You may make multiple submissions, but each must be a separate entry with its appropriate submission fee.
- Publication fees are non-refundable.
- Entries must be received in PDF format via the online submission page. Each file must not exceed 3MB.
- Please format with double-spacing and a word count at the top of the first page.
- All submissions are final and we will not accept revisions or amendments to submissions under consideration for publication. Successful submissions will have a later opportunity to revise their work with their editor.
- If your work is accepted by another publication before receiving our offer, please contact us immediately and withdraw your submission. Please advise us of your full name and the title of the piece. If one of your poems becomes ineligible for consideration, please tell us which you must withdraw. Likewise artwork or photography, please specify which piece is no longer available for consideration.
- Sadly, we cannot refund your submission fee if you must withdraw your application.
- Pomerium’s editorial team will review each entry and will make its selection for each issue. We anticipate to review works within three months of receipt.
- While we appreciate writers of all levels, we are seeking the best representation of the written word. Likewise artists, we will select only work of the highest quality and inspiration.
- Because we do not believe in leaving people hanging, we will notify unsuccessful applicants. Please do not follow up your entry.
We will notify all successful authors and artists in writing. Fees will be depend on the length and format of the submission and will be discussed at time of the offer.
Authors and artists assert all moral rights to their works pertaining to international copyright law. Pomerium Limited retains the right to publish at its choosing approved submissions in print and electronic formats. The terms of the publishing arrangement will be agreed with successful authors and artists.
Pomerium Limited reserves the right to amend its submission guidelines if deemed necessary. Any changes will be posted on this website. Submission of entry and by selecting the checkbox on the online submission form implies acceptance of the above rules.